Re: Schools of Shakuhachi

From: Riley Lee (riley@rileylee.net)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 17:18:55 PST

Hello Bob.

The best source on the internet of lineage/piece information such as you are
asking about is at komuso.com, Ron Nelson's site of the International
Shakuhachi Society.

There is also a great deal of material on all of the different schools of
shakuhachi honkyoku, lineages, and transmission in my PhD dissertation,
"Yearning for the Bell", which can be ordered through Monty Levenson.

Best regards, Riley

--

Dr. Riley Lee Sound of Bamboo PO Box 939 Manly NSW 1655 Australia Tel: 02 9976 6904 mobile: 0414 626 453 www.rileylee.net