tsu no meri

From: Paul Hirsh (monxmood@free.fr)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 07:47:34 PST

I have recently been experimenting with my embouchure in order to get a
better grip on that &quot;tsu-no-meri&quot; at the beginning of <i>shika
no toone</i> and found that releasing the pull on the corners of the lips
allows one to descend to the &quot;ro&quot; level without loss of sound.
In fact a relaxed sort of pout as if saying &quot;oo&quot; seems to work
best. This would work by bringing the sides of the mouth into closer
contact with the utaguchi without cutting off the air channel in the
middle. I have stopped looking for the solution in the fingers now. Maybe
its time I got a decent instrument, that would help too.<br><br>
Paul Hirsh<br>
Toulouse, France<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<hr>
try out intuitive instruments for improvisers on
hear my compositions on