embroucher development

From: Stav Tapuch (tapuch@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 08:30:08 PST

I have been told that one needs to practice for at least several months to
develop one's embroucher to be able to produce high octave notes with
clarity and consistency. I have a few questions on this issue:

a) Is this true? Is hitting the high octaves a matter of developing the
muscles of the lips- or is it a matter of training yourself to create
precise, minute and exacting lip positions? In other words- is this an issue
of brains or brawn? If Riley Lee was suddenly given my lips - would he
still be able to play the same way - or would he have to start all over?

b) If it is an issue of muscle development, or at least partially so, are
there exercises to excel the development process? Has someone created the
equivalent of a weightlifting regime for the lips to speed up the
development of the embroucher?

thanks a lot for the help.

Stav Tapuch