Re: embroucher development

From: Dan Gutwein (dfgutw@wm.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 13:40:30 PST

I'm a beginner too, but I've played Euro-flute and reed instruments for 40
years. The minute positions require the conditioning of very small muscles
throughout one's chops. This requires practice in which one works toward a
"sound ideal" (ears guiding the lip-muscles to make fine adjustments in an
attempt to sound like your teacher or the tape, etc.). Eventually this
becomes intuitive. I guess exercises can help, but simply the act of
trying to make every note of the piece you're practicing the best note you
can play is the way I go at it.

dg