Re: The Chirp

From: Paul Hirsh (monxmood@free.fr)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 04:42:41 PST

Stav<br><br>
Try recording your chirp with the same reverb as used on the record you
are listening to. Could be an encouraging experience!<br><br>
Paul H<br><br>
At 07:18 21/11/01 +0000, you wrote:<br><br>
quality of the distinctive shakuhachi chirp created by repeating a note?
My chirp ain't no where near the chirping I hear on the discs I
have.<br><br>
Is the distinctiveness and sharpness determined by:<br><br>
a) The strength of your breath<br><br>
b) The quickness of your finger rising and falling back on the
hole.<br><br>
c) The height of your finger as it leaves the hole<br><br>
d) the quality of the instrument you are playing on.<br><br>
or<br><br>
e) some combination of all of the above.<br><br>
Thanks for the help<br><br>
Stav<br><br>