CD holiday sale

From: Philip Gelb (ryokan@value.net)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 15:49:39 PST

Annual CD Holiday sale

Being an artist in the US has never been easy but with a failing
economy and rising nationalism it is even more difficult than usual.
Please support artists during your holiday shopping. Buying direct
puts more money into artists hands than if you buy from stores!

Till the end of the year all of my CDs are only 10 dollars if you buy
them directly from me and 11 dollars via mail order.

Please visit my website (http://value.net/~ryokan) for reviews and
more information.

The following CDs are for sale:

- a Brand New solo mini -cd about ot be released by Artship
recordings, Produced by Hugh Livingston and recorded by TomBickley. A
very interesting project that Hugh has assembled, putting musicians
in the various parts of an old military ship now docked in Oakland
and soon to become a performance space and museum! I found a very
ambient , resonant room and recorded a 20 minute version of "Rain
Sketch #8 (for Eri)". Rain Sketch are an ongoing composition of
mine that started out as a collaboration with dancer, Eri Majima,
influenced by the fluid, watery imagery of her movements. Note: this
is a mini-cd and only contains 20 minutes of music!

-The Space Between w/ Barre Phillips. Released, spring, 2001 on
482music My personal fave as this features a trio i am most fortuante
to be a part of with one of my oldest friends, the amazing pianist,
Dana Reason along with our mentor, the one and only Pauline Oliveros
on her custom designed, just intonation accordion. 2 eyars ago we
played 2 concerts with the brilliant bass player Barre Phillips and
this CD is from those performances.

-Between/Waves released spring 1999 on Sparkling Beatnik
features Chris Brown's piece, "Waves" which is a shortened version of
our project, "water Dream" which is a collaboration with dancer, Eri
Majima for shakuhachi and interactive computer. And a piece featuring
an early performance of the Space Between with guest Jon Raskin (from
ROVA) joining us on sopranino, alto and baritone sax.

"Indistancing" released spring, 1999 on Leo. A trio with 2 koto
players, Shoko Hikage and Brett Larner. this trio has become active
again now that Brett is living in the bay area!

"Mystic Journey"
released, 1998 on Abray Productions. Duets with percussionist, Abbey Rader

"Purple Wind" My first release and almost out of print as there are
less than 30 copies remaining so get yours before they are gone as we
have no intentions of re-releasing this. Trios with koto player Miya
Masaoka and percussionist, Gino Robair as well as trios with the
Shaking Ray Levis and a duet piece with Dana Reason.

"Primal Identity"
Dana Reason's first release, put out by Deep Listening (Pauline
Oliveros' label) featuring several solo piano pieces and 2 early
compositions she composed for shakuhachi and piano.

Please send checks or money orders to:
Philip Gelb
840 Warfield #9
Oakland, CA 94610