(no subject)

From: jaamvanloon@hetnet.nl
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 00:43:47 PST

As I received several questions about the cylindrical utaguchi-cover I=20
will try to give a good description of how to make such a cover.
First take a rectangular piece of soft leather and measure it around the
shakuhachi so that it does overlap a bit ( about 5 mm ).
Then stitch it just at the top end (where it overlaps ).
Make a round cover and stitch it to the closed end of the other piece=20
and that's all.
Mine is finished with a small elastic band stitched to the side , ( =
about in the
middle ) so that it is possible to pull it just over the top and it =
keeps the cover
attatched to the flute.

I hope this is clear enough.
Hans van Loon