Re: hmm..teachers...

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 07:58:57 PST

>From: "Stav Tapuch" <tapuch@hotmail.com>
>
>How does someone distinguish between the good and bad teacher?

A good teacher is one who makes you glad you came to the lesson, who
takes you at each lesson as you are that day (there are days when
beginner shakuhachi players can't get a note out of the flute), who
does not chastise you for failure to practice the preceeding week
(there were many weeks when my lesson *was* my only practice session
that week), and who is competent enough to give you useful advice.

>Is being a good teacher a subjective or objective trait?

That depends on how much you like the Packers.

bj

-