Re: teachers

From: Karl Young (kyoung@slac.stanford.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 15:47:17 PST

That's an interesting question. I didn't seem to have much more
difficulty (than usual) blowing in Boulder (and my base is San Francisco
as well). But I did find it interesting that on a recent visit to Lake
Tahoe (somewhere around 7000 feet as I recall) I found it seemingly
easier to blow. I was only there for a couple of days so this could have
just been a lucky couple of days and had nothing to do with the
altitude. At the risk of having this thrown back in my face as a simple
physics problem has anybody done any sort of analysis of the difficulty
or lack of difficulty of blowing as a function of local air density? I
can think of half baked arguments to support either conclusion (less
resistance to support ease of blowing,...)

--
Karl Young    kyoung@slac.stanford.edu
SLAC  M/S 71  PO Box 20450