Re: tradition

From: Nelson Zink (zink@newmex.com)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 15:33:42 PST

Karl,

> So to paraphrase an old Zen master, lets get our eyes of(f) that damn
> finger,

Usually when I do, I don't have a clue as to where to look. Often, I can see
the finger I just don't know what it means. Then there are those times when
I can't even see the finger.

I've always thought a substantial part of meditation was the practice of
staring intensely at nothing, waiting for something to come into focus. It's
just another day at the Mind Well and coming up dry. But wait, did I hear a
splash?

Nelson