Kurahashi schedule

From: Philip Gelb (phil@philipgelb.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 10:05:46 PST

Greetings!

Here is the schedule for shakuhachi grandmaster, Kurahashi Yoshio's
visit to the bay area next month. Class topics may vary a bit. If you
have something in particular you would like covered in a group class,
please contact me (offlist) and i will try to fill some requests, if
possible. We have many private lesson slots available this time!
Might even have room for more than one lesson for some people. If
demand is light, private lesson times may be switched to another
group class. Please contact me (off this list, please) ASAP to
reserve your lesson time. And please pay in advance to Ronnie Seldin!
No need to reserve the classes, please just show up.

I am in need of volunteers to put Kurahashi up for a place to sleep.
Also for places to host the group classes and the weekend lessons
which usually draw many observers. Anyone is welcome to observe any
class and/or private lesson.

The residency, like his visits in the past and the visits of other
teachers like Riley Lee and Michael Gould is open to anyone
interested in studying regardless of your association with any
teacher, lineage and ryu. This is about learning and sharing music!

Prices are as follows:
one hour private lesson $75
Group classes $25
All inclusive package of lesson and as many classes as you desire $150

There might be half hour lessons available at $40

Tuesday February 12
7 pm
Location : TBA
Group class Beginning Honkyoku : Kumoi Jishi (kinko ryu)

Wednesday, February 13
Location Philip Gelb's apartment in Oakland for lessons only
10 AM private lesson
11 AM private lesson
2 pm private lesson
3 pm private lesson
7 pm Group class:
location TBA Advanced contemporary solo composition Ryuro by Seiho Kineya

Thursday, February 14
I am planning to take sensei around sightseeing out of the city on this day.

Friday, February 15
Location Philip Gelb's apartment in Oakland for lessons only
10 AM private lesson
11 AM private lesson
2 pm private lesson
3 pm private lesson
7 pm
location TBA Group class: Intermediate sankyoku Tsumi Kusa

Saturday, February 16
Location TBA
10 AM private lesson
11 AM private lesson
2 pm private lesson
3 pm private lesson
7 pm Group class: Beginners Minyo and childrens songs

Sunday, February 17
Location TBA
10 AM private lesson
11 AM private lesson
2 pm private lesson
3 pm private lesson
7 pm Group class: Intermediate Honkyoku Int) Tori, Kadotsuke,
Hachigaeshi (kimpu ryu)

Feb.18- Return to Japan

--
Philip Gelb