2 questions

From: Tots Tolentino (tots@quickweb.com.ph)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 03:01:21 PST

Hi people,
Just want to know how dampits could be used for shakuhachi.
Do you place them in the bore? Wouldnt the lacquer keep the
moisture from getintg to the bamboo parts of the flute?
Where would you put it then and what kind would be the best
for the shaku? I have some for wooden flute and they work
great but I have seen some for violin and wood bass so I
guess they must come in different shapes and sizes.
I've been reading Christopher Blasdel's book The Shakuhachi
and came upon some photos of Okuraulo. Very interesting! Are
there any recordings of this instrument? I would imagine
some players into the modern sound would pick up this
instrument real quick. Or maybe not?
Thanks for all your replies.

Tots Tolentino
tots@quickweb.com.ph
http://www.geocities.com/totst

All of the music is out there in the first place, all of
it. From the beginning of time the music was there. All
you have to do is try to get a little piece of it. I
don't care how great you are, you only get a little piece
of it."
 - Dizzy Gillespie, conversation with Nat Hentoff, 1983