Re: Shak Oils

From: Brian Miller (millerbk@rconnect.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 07:56:39 PST

It seems logical (to me) that that the drying oil will block the
absorption of any other oil that is applied. Done once (first
non-drying oil and then the drying) might help, but after that, the
drying oil would block the penetration of any future applications of
non-drying oils.

When asked about oiling my shak, my teacher replied that eventually the
oil will oxidize and who want's to play a rancid flute!

Cheers - Brian