Sound Material

From: Reid Reid (reid1898@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 22:58:18 PST

http://www.sciam.com/1998/0398issue/0398scicit3.html

Here is a very interesting article about flutes and materials. In case the
link doesn't work, it is from the March 1998 edition of Scientific American.
  You can find it on the Scientific American site (www.sciam.com). I'd
enjoy hearing your responses to the article.

By the way, I've been impressed with the apparently strong scientific
backgrounds of the contributors to this site. It appears to be an educated
group of people who are interested in the shakuhachi. I thought I would
just find a bunch of hippies :-)