Re: My second try: Clay Shakuhachi

From: Nelson Zink (zink@newmex.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 13:17:30 PST

Aiko,

> My apology for sending in a very badly written mail.

No apology needed, hopefully we all speak some dialect of the same
language--shakuhachi.

> I'm a new list member and dozo yoroshiku. I play the koto a
> little and love to play pieces with parts for the shakuhachi.

Welcome, and with any luck you'll find people with similar specific
interests.

> He is very serious about perfecting the sound. So I suggested
> hat he make zigzag grooving inside the shakuhachi just like the sugiaya
> rooving inside the koto to better the sound of the instrument.

I've been very interested in the possible effects of grooves, small ripples,
etc. So far all my efforts and experiments have just baffled me.

Nelson