English is a crazy language.

From: Dcammaro@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 18:42:11 PST

Hi All
I've studied several languages. Now, I am working on Japanese. Most languages
are very clear as to how letters and combinations of letters are pronounced.
Try these English words out for insanity.

man's laughter manslaughter
there their
to two too
tale tail pale pail
I will read I have read (red?)

I know there are probably thousands more like this. English does have one
thing in common with other languages and that is dialects.

Zig Ziglar a great salesman from Yazoo City MO. once said,"If you send a boy
up north he'll come back with an accent"

All the best
Dominic