Clay Shakuhachi

From: Aiko Ichimura (aikop@erols.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 08:37:11 PST

Hi all,

Hide-emon san, my potter friend in Seto, Japan mentioned that he and his
shakuhachi teacher
had gone to a cable TV studio yesterday to video tape their playing of Clay
shakuhachi. The title of the TV program is " Ningen - Tanbo To no
Shakuhachi Meijin" This is a program by NHK and they report on people,
crafts person, musicians, Kabuki, No theatre actors, musicians whoever the
Japanese consider as interesting people. But it is piloted at the local
Cable TV in March then they would decide on the national distribution or
not.

He and his teacher make each shakuhachi by hand, of cause, and each one is
slightly different from the previous one they made. The teacher adjust the
sound before it is finished as a shakuhachi - I wonder how and asked him the
question. Haven't gotten the answer yet. He is trying to send the digitized
sample of the caly shakuhachi sound to me before the program is broadcasted.

Aiko