Book for beginner

From: Andres (andres@ccpo.odu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 19:50:19 PST

        Hello,

        I am interested in learning to play the Shakuhachi. Do you know
of any teachers near Norfolk, VA? Which book or other resource would you
recommend to start to understand the nomeclature and fingering system for
the Shakuhachi?

        Sincerely Yours,

                Andres Sepulveda

PS

 Aiko san,

I was glad to read your comment about andean music and Inti-Illimani. Have
you heard music from Barroco Andino (Andean Barroc)? Is another chilean
group that plays Barroc music with andean wind instruments. I tought you
may like the sound of it.

                        Andres