Re: Seritsukan & Seisunkan ??

From: Zachary Braverman (zachary@kotodama.net)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 20:27:40 PST

--B_3098611661_2104807

> Check out the メLong Flutesモ section of my Shakuhachi Tips page, here:
>
> http://www.kotodama.net/shakuhachi/tips.html
>
> The difference between Seiritsukan and Seisunkan is touched on there.
>
> Best,
>
> Zachary Braverman
>

> Steve
>
> Honolulu, HI
>> >From: HeirPhoto@aol.com
>> >To: shakuhachi@communication.ucsd.edu
>> >Subject: Seritsukan & Seisunkan ??
>> >Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 20:50:32 EST
>> >
>> >Hello,
>> >
>> >Can anyone here explain the meaning of the names Seritsukan and Seisunkan?
>> >
>> >I am also looking for a book suggestion for learning about the history and
>> >playing of the Shakuhachi. I see many listed on Monty Levinson's website but
>> >am not familiar with any of them. I am after the most complete explanation
>> of
>> >terms, notation and history of the instrument. Although I only play "by ear"
>> >for and make flutes for relaxation I would like to learn more about the
>> >classical uses of the flute.
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >Tony
>> >
>> > Anthony D. Miller & Co.
>> > ‾ The Tintype Artist ‾
>> > Ambrotypes & Ferrotypes
>> > 34 Perryfalls Place
>> > Baltimore, Maryland 21236
>> > 410-256-7442
>> >http://members.aol.com/likenesses
>

> MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: Click Here
> <http://g.msn.com/1HM105401/15>

--B_3098611661_2104807

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Seritsukan &amp; Seisunkan ??</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><BR>
Check out the &#8220;Long Flutes&#8221; section of my Shakuhachi Tips page,=
 here:<BR>
<BR>
http://www.kotodama.net/shakuhachi/tips.html>
<BR>
The difference between Seiritsukan and Seisunkan is touched on there. <BR>
<BR>
Best,<BR>
<BR>
Zachary Braverman<BR>
</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Palatino"><BR>
<BR>
Steve<BR>
<BR>
Honolulu, HI<BR>
&gt;From:
HeirPhoto@aol.com <BR>
&gt;Reply-To: Shakuhachi@communication.ucsd.edu <BR>
&gt;To: shakuhachi@communication.ucsd.edu <BR>
&gt;Subject: Seritsukan &amp; Seisunkan ?? <BR>
&gt;Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 20:50:32 EST <BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt;Hello, <BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt;Can anyone here explain the meaning of the names Seritsukan and Seisunk=
an? <BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt;I am also looking for a book suggestion for learning about the history =
and <BR>
&gt;playing of the Shakuhachi. I see many listed on Monty Levinson's websit=
e but <BR>
&gt;am not familiar with any of them. I am after the most complete explanat=
ion of <BR>
&gt;terms, notation and history of the instrument. Although I only play &qu=
ot;by ear&quot; <BR>
&gt;for and make flutes for relaxation I would like to learn more about the=
 <BR>
&gt;classical uses of the flute. <BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt;Thanks, <BR>
&gt;Tony <BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; Anthony D. Miller &amp; Co. <BR>
&gt; ‾ The Tintype Artist ‾ <BR>
&gt; Ambrotypes &amp; Ferrotypes <BR>
&gt; 34 Perryfalls Place <BR>
&gt; Baltimore, Maryland 21236 <BR>
&gt; 410-256-7442 <BR>
&gt;http://members.aol.com/likenesses <BR>
<BR>
<HR ALIGN=3DCENTER SIZE=3D"3" WIDTH=3D"100%">MSN Photos is the easiest way to sha=
re and print your photos: Click Here &lt;http://g.msn.com/1HM105401/15>; <=

<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Palatino"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3098611661_2104807--