Re: Mouthpieces

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 19:17:52 PST

>From: Peter Ross <peteross@cloudhandsmusic.com>
>Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:20:03 -0800
>
>Also, I've been unable to find a non toxic way to color the white pvc.
>Left white they get very dirty looking.

One solution would be to go down to your local plumbing supply
house and get a length of Schedule 80 PVC. It's slightly thicker
than the white stuff (Schedule 40) and it's a dark grey. You may
have to purchase 20 ft, so take a hacksaw. You could also use
Schedule 40 PVC electrical conduit which is the same wall-thickness
as Sched 40 water PVC and a lighter grey. Conduit comes in 10'
lengths and is available at Home Depot (or your local equivelant).

bj

-