Shakuhachi 101

From: Nelson Zink (zink@newmex.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 18:13:56 PST

To all,

I, for one, would be immensely grateful if someone would put up some pages
explaining some of the shakuhachi basics.

Just in the last few days we've had questions about and references to:
Hocchiku
Seiritsu/Seisun
Otsu no RO
RO Buki
Urushi
and so on.

There have been requests for book recommendations indicating desire for
information and understanding.

As Stav Tapuch characterized it: "for the Japanese ignorant & Shakuhachi
greenhorns"--which defines me pretty closely.

Someone knowledgeable could provide a great service by explaining the
shakuhachi to the gaikokujins.

Nelson