Re: Shakuhachi 101

From: Dan Gutwein (dfgutw@wm.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 18:07:48 PST

I'm willing to periodically (once every couple of weeks) cut and paste
text-content into some sort of categorized FAX html page, and post it on my
William and Mary site or on Bruce's site -- either way. I'm reluctant to
come up with the organization of the topics alone and I'm also reluctant to
contribute content -- still being a beginner in the way of wind and
holes. But I think it would be worth it to all of us to centralize
shakuhachi terms and concepts information and come up with some sort of
categorical glossary. Maybe we should first think of the categories that
would be most useful to new devotees and when people contribute content,
they can list the most appropriate category for it at the top of their
email attachment. (I prefer a categorized glossary since doing an
alphabetical list won't be helpful to beginners since they would have to
read the entire FAX before coming across the term that most interests
them.) Contributers could simply send category-targeted content via email
or an attachment to me, I'll paste it into my html editor (Macromedia's
Dreamweaver) and format it appropriately for the FAX page. As the
categories grow, I can create links from the index to separate pages. Of
course, by that time, maybe different people can maintain different pages
-- but that's down the road. Why don't we start brainstorm the categories?

Dan