Ki Sui An Shakuhachi Camp

From: Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin (Nyogetsu@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 13:11:38 PST

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to be able to announce the first (of what I hope will be an
Annual occurrence):

Ki Sui An=A0
Shakuhachi Camp
Fellowship Farm
Pottstown, PA

This first East Coast Shakuhachi Camp is an idea that has grown out of the
excellent work that has been done at the two International Shakuhachi
conventions, and the annual Shakuhachi Summer Camps held in Colorado.=A0 We
sincerely hope to supplement this work, and to provide a learning experienc=
on the Shakuhachi to people on the East Coast who may not be able to travel=
.

The camp program includes three classes per day with the primary instructor=
and featured artist for that day, plus nightly concerts, and a private
lesson for each participant with both Kurahashi Yoshio Sensei, and Ronnie
Nyogetsu Seldin.=A0 Kurahashi-Sensei and Nyogetsu will arrive early on the
18th and will be leaving late on the 22nd to allow for some flexibility in
scheduling private lessons early on the 18th before the planned events
begin, and late on the 22nd after the planned events are finished.=A0 Student=
will also be able to take part in other optional activities such as Za-Zen,
Tai Chi Chuan, Aikido, and Yoga.=A0 There will be time to schedule additional
private lessons with the guest instructors, as well as other licensed
teachers of KiSuiAn Shakuhachi Dojo.=A0=A0

We are very excited about this project and are very encouraged by the amoun=
of enthusiasm we have received.=A0 We look forward to sharing this wonderful
"Tak=E9 no Michi" (Path of Bamboo) with a large fellowship of players from
many varied backgrounds.=A0 We hope to make this an annual event.

Camp Coordinator =A0=A0
Rob McNeil=20

Instructional Repertoire=A0
Jin Nyodo-style Meian Honkyoku
Kinko-Ryu Honkyoku
Neza-sa-Ha Honkyoku
(Watazumi) Dokyoku
Kinko-Ryu Gaikyoku
Shinkyoku
Gidai-mono
Minyo
Komoriuta=20

Other Classes include:=A0
Shakuhachi recording techniques and performance techniques

Please visit the website for the Camp at: http://www.nyogetsu.com/camp.html
To see a detailed list of our daily activities, Bio's of our instructors
(Faculty of 7), directions, and all other matters related to the camp.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions,
Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin

Website: www.nyogetsu.com
Email: nyogetsu@nyc.rr.com
Phone/fax: 212-929-1037