Are you a Shakunewbie

From: Dcammaro@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 05:23:26 PST

Just a thought.

How many 40 + beginners are out there?

I too recently came to shakuhachi. My children think it is weird that I am
doing this. They really find it funny when they see me sitting on the floor
playing. A mid-life crisis? (If it is guess I should paint it bright red and
name it after an old girlfriend.)

My wife prefers that I practice behind closed doors or at least when she is
not home. However, she thinks this is just another phase.

I have found that it seems to have added to my life in that I feel calmer and
more relaxed. I also have noticed that I feel a bit compulsed to play, even
at work during lunch.
My sensei agreed when I called his lessons "Shakuhachi Therapy"!

Best wishes to all especially to all you Veterans, who have made help me
crawl along.

Dominic Cammarota
a Shakunewbie ( you heard this word here first)