links by category

From: Dan Gutwein (dfgutw@wm.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 16:52:40 PST

I've started to assemble a web page which is an attempt to make a
centralized catalog all the links on the various shakuhachi web sites. A
big job, but hopefully it will allow beginners (and maybe some of the more
experienced as well), to reduce surfing time and the learning curve. I've
placed the page on my William and Mary web site, which is appropriate,
since in the fall (2002) Ronnie will be coming to W&M as our Artist in
Residence for Fall 2002. He will teach beginning students 4 lessons over
the course of the semester, play two concerts, and lecture 4 times. (A more
formal announcement with more detailed information will be on line
soon.) I'm hoping to keep student interest in playing shakuhachi alive
after the fall, and I'm hoping that this page will become a primary
resource for them. Anyway, please let me know if you think this attempt to
centralize links is a constructive thing to do. This is just and meager
beginning. I debated about putting it out there after working on it for
only a few hours, but thought that it was best to get constructive feedback
before investing too much time. Here is the link. Tell me what you think.

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/music/gutwein/Shakuhachi/links.htm

Dan