Re: Are you a Shakunewbie

From: HeirPhoto@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 20:17:27 PST

--part1_6c.194c8f2c.29c96757_boundary

Guess I will join in too. Started the Shakuhachi about 2 years ago as a
relaxation tool with no formal music training previously other than clarinet
and guitar many, many years ago in junior high school. From the mid 1970s
though I have toyed with and built a variety of dulcimers, flutes,
didgeridoos, a lone banjo and even a still unfinished violin that has been
taking shape for nearly 20 years now <g>. A short stint with the Irish
Uilleann pipes quickly sent me back to bamboo flutes 2 years ago where I
discovered the Shakuhachi, the only instrument I truly feel at home with.
Since then building flutes and my solo playing has always given me a calming
retreat from my "real" job. My wife tolerates my practice although I usually
enjoy heading to our neighborhood park late each evening to play alone. My
13yo daughter plays violin, piano and recorder and seems embarrassed that dad
has to make music at all, not to mention on such bizarre things as bamboo
sticks.
Best,
Tony Miller
         Anthony D. Miller & Co.
         ~ The Tintype Artist ~
      Ambrotypes & Ferrotypes
            34 Perryfalls Place
     Baltimore, Maryland 21236
                  410-256-7442
       www.tintype-artist.com

--part1_6c.194c8f2c.29c96757_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Guess I will join in too. Started the Shakuhachi about 2 years ago as a relaxation tool with no formal music training previously other than clarinet and guitar many, many years ago in junior high school. From the mid 1970s though I have toyed with and built a variety of dulcimers, flutes, didgeridoos, a lone banjo and even a still unfinished violin that has been taking shape for nearly 20 years now &lt;g&gt;. A short stint with the Irish Uilleann pipes quickly sent me back to bamboo flutes 2 years ago where I discovered the Shakuhachi, the only instrument I truly feel at home with.<BR>
Since then building flutes and my solo playing has always given me a calming retreat from my "real" job. My wife tolerates my practice although I usually enjoy heading to our neighborhood park late each evening to play alone. My 13yo daughter plays violin, piano and recorder and seems embarrassed that dad has to make music at all, not to mention on such bizarre things as bamboo sticks.<BR>
Best,<BR>
Tony Miller<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR="#800000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Bliss" LANG="0">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Anthony D. Miller &amp; Co.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ~ The Tintype Artist ~<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ambrotypes &amp; Ferrotypes<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 34 Perryfalls Place<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Baltimore, Maryland 21236<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 410-256-7442<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; www.tintype-artist.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_6c.194c8f2c.29c96757_boundary--