shakunewbie

From: peter saika (getpetersv@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 05:32:48 PST

>2 years ago where I discovered the Shakuhachi, the only instrument I truly
>feel at home with.

Ditto, I heard a shak for the first time a few years ago and spent time
looking for what it was. I have played many other instruments over my life,
one thing kept me from enjoying them completely, complexity of design.

The fact that I can "make" a fairly good instrument within an hour or two is
mind blowing. Try making a flute or clarinet at home on your table saw.

I am very new to this yet have found the perfect sleep inducer, 10 minutes
before bed of long notes and good night Ben.

All three children have their own flutes now, my middle one prefers a
transverse version, it's really cute watching them play hot cross buns
together.

Monty Levinson has pointed out to me that only a mad man would try building
his own bamboo flute, he really knows how to inspire. I can hardly wait to
purchase my first piece of bamboo.

Oh, I am 41. Thanks for the thread.