Thank you!

From: EmptyFlute@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 10:43:07 PST

--part1_8.23294cdd.29ca323b_boundary

Hello all,

Please forgive the "generic" tone of this email. I've received many emails
about my health in the last month. After answering many single letters, I've
decided to to send out a letter to the list for those who have not heard back
from me. I hope you understand.

For the last month, I've been in the hospital going through a difficult bout
with pneumonia. Finally, I have returned home and have been recouperating
well.

Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers and good will. I've never been
prouder to be part of the shakuhachi community and its diverse group of
characters.

Many on this list have expressed how one way or another the shakuhachi has
saved their lives. On this list, I'm usually a shy dog when it comes to
shakuhachi matters. However, after learning to allow a simple stick of grass
help save my life, I can't help but think out loud.

When I first started making flutes, I realized it was all about the bamboo.
After 1,000 flutes, I learned something of physics and realized it was all
about emptiness. After another 1,000, I tired of the scientific approach and
realized it was about both bamboo and emptiness. Now, after one special
flute, I've realized it's about neither.

Breathe well,

Ken LaCosse

Ken LaCosse
Bamboo Music Mu-Jitsu Shakuhachi

2139 Kirkham Street
San Francisco, CA 94122
ph. 415 242-0919
emptyflute@aol.com
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/emptyflute/index.html">members.aol.com/emptyflute/</A>

--part1_8.23294cdd.29ca323b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Hello all,
<BR>
<BR>Please forgive the "generic" tone of this email. I've received many emails about my health in the last month. After answering many single letters, I've decided to to send out a letter to the list for those who have not heard back from me. I hope you understand.
<BR>
<BR>For the last month, I've been in the hospital going through a difficult bout with pneumonia. Finally, I have returned home and have been recouperating well.
<BR>
<BR>Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers and good will. I've never been prouder to be part of the shakuhachi community and its diverse group of characters.
<BR>
<BR>Many on this list have expressed how one way or another the shakuhachi has saved their lives. On this list, I'm usually a shy dog when it comes to shakuhachi matters. However, after learning to allow a simple stick of grass help save my life, I can't help but think out loud.
<BR>
<BR>When I first started making flutes, I realized it was all about the bamboo. After 1,000 flutes, I learned something of physics and realized it was all about emptiness. After another 1,000, I tired of the scientific approach and realized it was about both bamboo and emptiness. Now, after one special flute, I've realized it's about neither.
<BR>
<BR>Breathe well,
<BR>
<BR>Ken LaCosse