RE: Shakuhachi Guides

From: jaamvanloon@hetnet.nl
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 23:08:32 PST

I started playing about 1 year and a half ago , and work mainly with the =
Ichyo shakuhachi manual part one and two , and I can say they are really =
complete and comprehensible. They give you material enough for years to =
study and there are two tapes with the booklets wich are also very good. =
Can really recommend these books to any beginner.
When carefully reading I discovered the texts contain lots of =
information , you only pick up after several readings.
Everey time I hear or read something about playing technique , I =
discover it is mostly covered by the books too.

Hope this helps starters.
Hans van Loon
The Netherlands