Flute position

From: supakit bhuphaibool (icarus927@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 05:13:32 PST

As a beginner, I've always played flat (which is fine by me so far).
Last week, I was experimenting with moving the flute position vertically up
(closer to my mouth by ~1-2mm). This resulted in more air being blown into
the flute and that gave me near perfect pitch with all the notes!

The side affect of this is that when I meri, I have to jutt out my jaw
instead of tucking it in. This feels kind of strange psychologically.

My questions are:

Is this a "bad" thing to do?

Is pushing out your jaw to meri "bad form"?
(or does it not really matter?)

Thanks for your anwers,

Duke.