Music promotions....

From: Tim Cassler (tim@toolbox.net)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 10:43:46 PDT

--B_3102497026_1168068

Hi folks -=20

Any tips, pointers, or just good =8Col advice for our JAS chapter here in San
Antonio to raise funds to get some good Japanese music here? I=B9ve recently
become a member in JASSA, the Japan America Society here in San Antonio, an=
already I am getting more involved in trying to help the organization, in a
cross cultural effort, achieve the goal of bringing some quality Japanese
music here. (I am also a new student of the shakuhachi, an instrument I hav=
fallen in love with, so truthfully, I am a bit biased in my pursuit of this
goal). :o)

Unfortunately, I=B9ve discovered that our chapter has no budget, (at this
time....), for concerts or music in general. I have a few ideas of my own
brewing right now, but I=B9m sending out this e-mail to the shak comm list to
see if any of you folks might have some input on how we, (JASSA), can raise
funds, and/or acquire some corporate underwriting, or other means, to
adequately compensate and accommodate excellent musicians sometime here in
the future.

Over the years, I=B9ve promoted and organized many good concerts at our
church, and perhaps in basic principal it=B9s a similar animal. So in some
respects, I=B9m going in with my eyes wide open, but on the other hand, I wan=
to be appropriate not only in communication, but in protocol as well.

Hopefully, San Antonio, home of the beautiful Sunken Gardens, (and fantasti=
sushi at Koi Kawa!!) may soon become a venue for the ancient and artful
expression of music that is distinctly Japanese in origin, and is honored
and appreciated across many cultures, continents, and ethnicities.

Peace and blessing to you all.

Domo.

--=20

Tim Cassler
Toolbox Studios, Inc.
454 Soledad, Suite 100
San Antonio, TX 78205

210.225.8269 x111
fax.225.8200

--B_3102497026_1168068

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Music promotions....</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Hi folks - <BR>
<BR>
Any tips, pointers, or just good &#8216;ol advice for our JAS chapter here =
in San Antonio to raise funds to get some good Japanese music here? I&#8217;=
ve recently become a member in JASSA, the Japan America Society here in San =
Antonio, and already I am getting more involved in trying to help the organi=
zation, in a cross cultural effort, achieve the goal of bringing some qualit=
y Japanese music here. (I am also a new student of the shakuhachi, an instru=
ment I have fallen in love with, so truthfully, I am a bit biased in my purs=
uit of this goal). &nbsp;&nbsp;:o)<BR>
<BR>
Unfortunately, I&#8217;ve discovered that our chapter has no budget, (at th=
is time....), for concerts or music in general. I have a few ideas of my own=
 brewing right now, but I&#8217;m sending out this e-mail to the shak comm l=
ist to see if any of you folks might have some input on how we, (JASSA), can=
 raise funds, and/or acquire some corporate underwriting, or other means, to=
 adequately compensate and accommodate excellent musicians sometime here in =
the future.<BR>
<BR>
Over the years, I&#8217;ve promoted and organized many good concerts at our=
 church, and perhaps in basic principal it&#8217;s a similar animal. So in s=
ome respects, I&#8217;m going in with my eyes wide open, but on the other ha=
nd, I want to be appropriate not only in communication, but in protocol as w=
ell.<BR>
<BR>
Hopefully, San Antonio, home of the beautiful Sunken Gardens, (and fantasti=
c sushi at Koi Kawa!!) may soon become a venue for the ancient and artful ex=
pression of music that is distinctly Japanese in origin, and is honored and =
appreciated across many cultures, continents, and ethnicities.<BR>
<BR>
Peace and blessing to you all.<BR>
<BR>
Domo.<BR>