Meris and Transitions

From: Stav Tapuch (tapuch@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 11:41:44 PDT

My current playing problem of the month:

I am becoming painfully aware of how often I need to pause, very briefly,
when making the transition from a regular to a meri note. If I don't stop
blowing for at least a micro second to allow my fingers and lips to
re-adjust, I find that I often just make no note at all when I try to just
slide right into the meri while still blowing. Intrestingly enough, I have
no problem the other way around, coming out of a meri right into a full
note.

Besides prescribing many more hours of practice - any advice from the
seasoned veterans out there?
Thanks!
Stav