RE: Shakuhachi on Celluloid

From: Stav Tapuch (tapuch@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 09:58:36 PDT

Wow. I recall seeing tarkovsky's movie the Sacrifice about ten years ago or
so...It is a very intresting movie. And I recall being very moved by the
music in particular, and this was long before I knew what a shakuhachi was.
  Though for a while after the movie I often thought about the movie and
wondered what instrument could make such deeply sad and moving music. Very
funny to have found the answer after all these years and to realize I have
taken to attempting to play the same instrument.