Re: Other music for the shakuhachi....

From: supakit bhuphaibool (icarus927@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 11:42:13 PDT

Hi Stav,

Tim Hoffman performs Ragas with the Shakuhachi. He also has a degree in
Voice from a university in southern India (I believe he was the first
non-Indian or Indian to graduate with such a degree in years - I believe
this was in the 70's).

I saw him perform in Seattle about a year ago. Amazing musician.
Unfortunately, his book, Raga for Shakuhachi & Koto is only published in
Japanese.

http://www.shakuhachi.com/G-IJMEA.html

Duke.