(no subject)

From: Peter H (bamboomuse@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 00:32:41 PDT

Hmm, no more messages on meri-kari. I hardly gave the last word on that, so does anyone else have
any techniques to share?
Tom's point is well taken, though I think that correct practice is implied in the phrase already.
As one who's had to undue more than a couple bad habits, or habits that don't fit my present
ryu-ha, I can vouch for the importance of trying to get it right the first time.
Anyway, I talked to Mr. Kakizakai recently about hooking people up with accomodation for the
gathering in August and he asked me to post a note about it here. There are quite a few "gaijin
houses" here in Tokyo, and at least one I know of will take people for short-term stays. A six-mat
room at the place near where I live is around 3,500 yen a night. It's on the west side of Tokyo,
pretty far from where the events will take place, but I've looked around and haven't found or
heard of any places on the east side of town--most of them seem to on the west side, or in
Roppongi (though the rooms are more per night and smaller), as that's where most of us live and
work. You can also double up, or stay in a dorm for 1,200 a night. There are youth hostels
downtown, but they have 10:30 curfews. Otherwise, Ryokans are available for maybe as low as 6,000
yen and up. Things fill up during the summer, so it's best to book as far ahead as possible. I've
never run a room-booking service before, but if anyone is interested email me directly and we can
figure something out. I have a paypal account so if you're on that we could work it that way.
Cheers,

Peter H