Breath

From: Stav Tapuch (tapuch@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 10:04:58 PDT

Recently I acted on the valuable advice to record myself with playing.
From the recording I was astounded to what extent my pauses for breath were
undermining the momentum of what I was playing.

Any advice on how to lengthen the number and duration of notes that can be
produced between breaths?

Also, any wisdon on how to shorten the time needed to refill your lungs?

Recently I read a short peice by an accomplished player who described how he
trained himself to hold his breath for over three minutes. Is this a
practice worth replicating?

Any other points about breath, pauses, breathing and training would be
greatly appreciated.

warmest regards,
Stav