Re: Nasal digression

From: Karl Young (kyoung@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 12:20:47 PDT

Just wanted to thank Patterson for introducing the use of neti pots to
the list. As a chronic rhinitis sufferer I was intrigued and took a look
at some of the web sites. Being a rather impatient sort I ignored the
warnings to not try this at home without professional guidance and
hunted around for a substitute neti pot to try the method with. In a
flash of inspiration I grabbed a seldom used Yixing 8 oz. teapot off the
shelf, mixed up a batch of saline solution and gave it a try. This my
take some spousal diplomacy (I still haven't had the guts to tell my
wife I stuck one of our nice Yixing pots up my nose) so don't try this
at home without professional guidance. So far so good though, my sinuses
do seem a little clearer today and I'm anxious to see how it goes after
doing it for a few days.

--
Karl Young    kyoung@slac.stanford.edu
SLAC  M/S 71  PO Box 20450