Re: Nasal digression

From: jeremy bornstein (jeremy@jeremy.org)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 16:16:06 PDT

The only real problem with using a teapot is that the opening is
usually at the wrong angle, so you have to tilt your head too much in
order to get the water in.

In more direct response to Margaret's original query, please pardon
the indelicacy immediately below.

Imagine that you need to blow your nose. Would you rather keep the
mucus inside your nose, where you can't see it, or would you rather
expel it, in spite of the fact that you probably don't want to
actually look at it afterward?

Now imagine that you left it deep inside your nasal passages and it
dried and stuck. Is that better, or would you rather remove it?

It's not bad at all, especially after you've been doing it for a while
and your inside parts are basically clean most of the time anyway. I
concur with whomever it was who recently said that it rapidly becomes
an integral part of pre-sleep hygiene activity.

-jeremy

--
                    jeremy bornstein <busy@indolent.org>
                                    -*-