Re: Finding a shakuhachi

From: Dcammaro@aol.com
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 13:44:24 PDT

Hi

It depends on what you plan to do with the flute. I started on a 2.0 which
was made by Perry Yung in NY It has really great sound and is best suited for
improvising since the tuning is a bit off. I love it for relaxing.

On the other hand I have been using an advanced student model from Monty
Levenson for about 4 months and feel that it is really worth the money. It is
a well tuned easy to play instrument. I use it for formal studies of
shakuhachi music. I plan on buying a 1.6 very soon from him.

Unfortunately it is a tough decision if you are just starting to play.

Good luck
Dominic