summer camp

From: Phil James (sparklingbeatnik@msn.com)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 10:02:15 PDT

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C207D1.D6B1A1C0
        charset="iso-8859-1"

I want to remind people of a really great opportunity to study =
shakuhachi in depth: the Shakuhachi Summer Camp of the Rockies. I have =
gone to it the past two years, and each time have learned more than I =
could have imagined. Needless to say I will be going this year as well. =
Quite literally, some of the best teachers in the world are on hand, and =
they are very free with passing on their wisdom to players at all =
levels, from absolute beginners to advanced. Many of the technique =
questions that come up on this list are answered quickly and easily in =
person, and the camp is also a great way to get a historical and =
cultural overview of the repertoire. For those interested in buying or =
trading flutes, there are ample opportunities for that as well, =
including bargains you'd never run into out here in cyberspace. AND -- =
in spite of it being an intensive, it's really FUN! The web address for =
more info is http://www.shakucamp.com, and apparently it's not too late =
to register. For anyone interested in shakuhachi, I can't recommend this =
experience highly enough.

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C207D1.D6B1A1C0
        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I want to remind people of a really =
great=20
opportunity to study shakuhachi in depth: the Shakuhachi Summer Camp of =
the=20
Rockies. I have gone to it the past two years, and each time have =
learned more=20
than I could have imagined. Needless to say I will be going this year as =
well.=20
Quite literally, some of the best teachers in the world are on hand, and =
they=20
are very free with passing on their wisdom to players at all levels, =
from=20
absolute beginners to advanced. Many of the technique questions that =
come up on=20
this list are answered quickly and easily in person, and the camp is =
also a=20
great way to get a historical and cultural overview of the repertoire. =
For those=20
interested in buying or trading flutes, there are ample opportunities =
for that=20
as well, including bargains you'd never run into out here in cyberspace. =
AND --=20
in spite of it being an intensive, it's really FUN! The web address for =
more=20
info is <A =
href=3D"http://www.shakucamp.com">http://www.shakucamp.com>, and=20
apparently it's not too late to register. For anyone interested in =
shakuhachi, I=20
can't recommend&nbsp;this experience&nbsp;highly=20
enough.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C207D1.D6B1A1C0--