RE : ro-buki

From: Bruno Deschênes (musis@videotron.ca)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 04:45:57 PDT

Dear Tots:

It was Katsuya Yokoyama who said that during a class he gave last year
at Mejiro in Tokyo. My first teacher told me to always start my practice
with Ro, to warm up my shakuhachi, but I think we can also say to warm
up "one's lips". I think it a way to focus one's mind on the quality of
the sound, and on the quality of one's breathing. I personally do it on
the whole scale of the shakuhachi, with a focus on Ro.

Bruno