Re: Message Sent in Error

From: Johntcoker@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 22:52:52 PDT

--part1_12c.131ba810.2a417634_boundary

Monty, & List,

While I appreciate the spirit of Monty's apology, as a shak player I
appreciate the information Monty gave me/us. Monty, it didn't sound - at all
- like you were "hawking" your flutes. More like a sharing of exciting
(maybe even important) news with the shak community. Of course this list is
"non-commercial", but I sure like to know when a hot player's playing in my
area. Or when & where a shak summer camp is taking place. These are
"commercial" announcements, but also announcements of general interest to
many in the community - as was yours, I believe.

Personally, I'm tweaked to find out more, and to talk to you about a flute of
yours I've had since '78/'79 that needs a little help. Might even be
interested in having one of your new flutes. But, for "strictly commercial"
stuff like that, I'll, of course, e-mail you outside the list.

Is there a sense among the list members that announcements, such as Monty's,
are more community interest "news" than commercial come-ons? Personally I
hope that such info will always appear on this list.

Monty, thanks for the spirit of your apology. And..... thanks for the good
news, too.

jt coker

--part1_12c.131ba810.2a417634_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT SIZE=3 FAMILY="DECORATIVE" FACE="Tempus Sans ITC" LANG="0">Monty, &amp; List,
<BR>
<BR>While I appreciate the spirit of Monty's apology, as a shak player I appreciate the information Monty gave me/us. &nbsp;Monty, it didn't sound - at all - like you were "hawking" your flutes. &nbsp;More like a sharing of exciting (maybe even important) news with the shak community. &nbsp;Of course this list is "non-commercial", but I sure like to know when a hot player's playing in my area. &nbsp;Or when &amp; where a shak summer camp is taking place. &nbsp;These are "commercial" announcements, but also announcements of general interest to many in the community - as was yours, I believe. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Personally, I'm tweaked to find out more, and to talk to you about a flute of yours I've had since '78/'79 that needs a little help. &nbsp;Might even be interested in having one of your new flutes. &nbsp;But, for "strictly commercial" stuff like that, I'll, of course, e-mail you outside the list.
<BR>
<BR>Is there a sense among the list members that announcements, such as Monty's, are more community interest "news" than commercial come-ons? &nbsp;Personally I hope that such info will <I>always</I> appear on this list.
<BR>
<BR>Monty, thanks for the spirit of your apology. &nbsp;And..... thanks for the good news, too.
<BR>
<BR>jt coker</FONT></HTML>

--part1_12c.131ba810.2a417634_boundary--