Performance announcement

From: joel taylor (joeltaylor@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 11:31:33 PDT

Hi folks,

If any of you are interested in crunchy "avante garde"
electro-acoustic improvisation using the shakuhachi, I will be
playing shakuhachi and analog synthesizer in that context this
Friday, June 21, with Evidence, a computer laptop duo from NY
comprised of Scott Smallwood and Stephan Moore that works with the
dispersion of recorded sounds from various places. Linda P. Austin
and company will be dancing.
This is the mainline act in a 3 act dance extravaganza that's taking
place here to celebrate the equinox, other acts include butoh and
belly-dancers.
Show starts at 10, I'll be on 11ish. If any of you are in town,
please drop by, it will be fun.

Also,
This coming Tuesday at noon, June 25th, I will be giving a free
open-air shakuhachi concert at Pioneer Square in downtown Portland,
Oregon. This concert will feature traditional folk songs, a few of
the simpler honkyoku, some "new honkyoku improvisation" and a few
recent works for shakuhachi and electronics by myself and Curtis Bahn.

All my best to the list,

Joel

--
Joel G. Taylor