Diminishing Returns...

From: Stav Tapuch (tapuch@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 07:21:43 PDT

In economics the concept of diminishing returns says that the more you
produce of a certain item the less profit you will receive on each
individual unit. Sometimes I feel the same way about the amount of hours I
invest practicing. A basic one hour a day seems to produce a lot of
results, two hours a day, more so, but it seems that the second hour doesn't
nearly go as far as the first one did...

I would be interested in hearing the experience of accomplished shakuhachi
mussicians re: the amount of time they invested in practicing during their
developing years- and what routines proved the most effective to enhancing
their development....

thanks
Stav