Shakuhachi Soundtrack Music

From: Marcus Grandon (Shizuoka Apt) (mgrandon@tokai.or.jp)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 17:06:08 PDT

Dear members,

One of my dreams of dreams has finally materialized. After years of giving
away shakuhachi soundtrack music for various film and video projects, I have
been contacted to have 15 minutes of my music used in a martial arts
documentary video/DVD that will have world wide distribution. I don't think
that it will be huge in terms of numbers, but they like what I do, and want
to use it. In fact, they have offered to pay me.

The thing is, I have no idea what to charge. Is there a standard rate for
soundtracks? Can anyone give me a ballpark figure?

If anyone feels that this is a private matter, I include my private e-mail
for such responses:

mgrandon@tokai.or.jp

Thank you

Marcus