Recordings using shakuhachi.

From: Dcammaro@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 06:46:09 PDT

Recently I did a search for shakuhachi music on Barnes and Noble (bn.com) .
Wow was I shocked to see the list. There are over 200 lisitings. Did you know
"The Dixie Chicks" and Jon Secada use it on their recordings? There are lots
of others. Such as the fantasy movie "Willow."

I just wish that the classical players would put what school the are playing.
That would help us newbies.

Anyone watch the History Channel? They had a marathon on Martial Arts. When
they got to Japan the talked about JUDO. It was sort of funny watching people
being thrown around to "Chidori no Kyoku."

Cheers
Dominic