Re: Sode no Tsuyu?

From: Peter H (bamboomuse@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 06:20:52 PDT

--- "Morris M. Keesan" <keesan@world.std.com> wrote:
> Bruce Jones wrote:
> > > Sode no Tsuyu is the third piece on most pieces of notation that
> > > begin with Kurokami.
>
> Interesting. In my copy of Kurokami, the third piece is "Sode no Kouro",
> with the same "sode" that Usuido Eidan posted. If I'm reading my reference
> works correctly, this means "sleeve incense burner", which sounds dangerous
> to me.
> The second piece is "Tsuru no Koe", "Voice of the Crane".
> Is my copy a variant edition? Is it unusual? Are we both looking at Kinko
> style notation, narrow-folded paper with dark green front and back?

I was wondering too, as my edition has Sode Koro as the third piece. Different edition? It does
refer to an insense burner, though I seem to recall Kurahashi sensei telling me it was put in the
sleeve of a komono as a warmer. Tom's description of Sode no Tsuyu was so enticing I'd now like to
check out the other piece!

Peter H