Re: Sode no Tsuyu, Kouro

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 15:51:44 PDT

Well, looks like my poor ability to read kanji has me confusing
Sode no Tsuyu with Sode (no) Goro, perhaps.

I have two different Kurokami scores. One Kawase/Chikuyusha and
one by Notomi Judo. The Kawase score is, according to Ron Nelson's
Kawase list:
        Kurokami,
        Sode Goro, and
        Tsuru no Koe.

The Judo score is, according to the titles written next to the kanji
on the cover (by Dan Meyer?):
        Kurokami,
        Tsuru no Koe, and
        Soda no Tsuya [sic].

My difficulty in sorting this out is now twofold. I can easily
make out the kanji for Kurokami on each score. In addition to that
kanji, there are two other sets of kanji. The second title on each
score might be different while the third title on each score is
legibly the same.

The question(s) are: what is the correct title for each of the
pieces, not including Kurokami, on each of these pieces of notation?
Is Tsuru no Koe really the third piece on each score, and the
previous owner of the Judo score mistaken? Or am I thoroughly
confused?

I would appreciate it if someone with a grasp of kanji could take a
look at the web page at:
        http://communication.ucsd.edu/bjones/Kurokami/
and tell me what the titles are in each of the positions.

Still trying to write the definitive list of titles in each
repertiore,

bj

-