Re: Haru no Umi

From: Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin (Nyogetsu@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 15:23:10 PDT

--B_3113835790_31944

> Hi Bill,
>=20
> You can always find HARU NO UMI at KANAZEN , in Kyoto.
> It is in the Miyagi-Ryu notation (brown Books), and yes, there are Wester=
> transcriptions for piano as well as violin. I=B9m sure that there will be o=
thers
> who will give you more information..
>=20
> Good luck !
> Ronnie
>=20
> Hi Bill...
>=20
> You might want to check with Tom Deaver... he has it listed on the sheet =
music
> page at http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~shaku100/wrtmus.html - If he doesn't have =
it,
> he might be able to locate it for you.
>=20
> I also found this on Mejiro:
> =20
> 11/2(Sat) Speaker: Kuniyoshi Sugawara
> Topic: Exercising the "Haru no Umi"
> Lesson on breathing and playing techniques of the classical piece "Haru n=
> Umi." (Notation fee not included)
>=20
> It is old now, but it shows that the notation was available.
>=20
> Good luck!
> :)
>=20
> Derek Choice
i">
>>=20
>>=20

--B_3113835790_31944

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Haru no Umi</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Hi Bill,<BR>
<BR>
You can always find HARU NO UMI at KANAZEN , in Kyoto.<BR>
It is in the Miyagi-Ryu notation (brown Books), and yes, there are Western =
transcriptions for piano as well as violin. I&#8217;m sure that there will b=
e others who will give you more information..<BR>
<BR>
Good luck !<BR>
Ronnie<BR>
<BR>
Hi Bill...<BR>
<BR>
You might want to check with Tom Deaver... he has it listed on the sheet mu=
sic page at http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~shaku100/wrtmus.html - If he doesn't have=
 it, he might be able to locate it for you.<BR>
<BR>
I also found this on Mejiro:<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B>11/2(Sat) Speaker: Kuniyoshi Su=
gawara</B> <BR>
<B>Topic: Exercising the &quot;Haru no Umi&quot;<BR>
Lesson on breathing and playing techniques of the classical piece &quot;Har=
u no Umi.&quot; (Notation fee not included)<BR>
</B><BR>
It is old now, but it shows that the notation was available.<BR>
<BR>
Good luck!<BR>
:)<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><BR>
Derek Choice<BR>
----- Original Message ----- <BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><B>From:</B> Bill Fletcher &lt;ma=
ilto:bill@scienceandart.com&gt; &nbsp;<BR>
<B>To:</B> Shakuhachi@communication.ucsd.edu <BR>
<B>Sent:</B> Monday, September 02, 2002 2:31 PM<BR>
<B>Subject:</B> Haru no Umi<BR>
<BR>
I am looking for notation for Haru no Umi (Spring Sea). &nbsp;I was unable =
to<BR>
find it at Monty's or Mejiro. &nbsp;I don't know where else to look.<BR>
<BR>
Thank you for any leads.<BR>
<BR>
While I'm dreaming, has anyone ever seen Koto parts transcribed for<BR>
piano/keyboard? &nbsp;Or, any piano/keyboard &amp; Shakuhachi music?<BR>
<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
<BR>
Bill Fletcher<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
hakuhachi&quot;&gt;<BR>
t;<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3113835790_31944--