non-shakuhachi related question.

From: Aiko Ichimura (aikop@erols.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 05:26:51 PDT

Hi all,
This is not a shakuhachi related question directly but someone might be in
Japan now and be able to answer my question.
It sounds strange for a Japanese to ask non Japanese about Japan, however, I
have no good knowledge about how things are in Japan in terms of Internet
connections.

I will be in Japan for a month and need to keep working. So I will be
traveling with my laptop. What I need to find out is what' the best way to
connect with internet from Japan. I want to use my provider Erols fro Japan
without contracting with a Japanese provider. I thought may be I could buy
a phone card and connect it to my provider in US - it may be more expensive
that way but I don't need to worry about setting up new account with a new
company etc.
Does anyone have knowledge of what's best to solve my problem?
Is it cheaper and easier to sign on with a Japanese company for a month?

Any insight or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Aiko Ichimura
aikop@erols.com